Terms and conditions for the guided tours
Citywheels – Guided Tours on Segways
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Participation in our tours is at your own risk. If after following the introduction to the operation of the Segway, you are not confident with driving the Segway, you will be refunded half of the tour price.
- Tour bookings are time specific. It is the customer’s responsibility to arrive on time on the correct date.
- If you arrive too late to join your tour you may not be able to participate and all payments may be forfeited.
- Tours are subject to cancellation at short notice if weather conditions are not suitable (for example steady rain). See cancellation policy below.
- Remember to dress appropriately for the weather conditions on the day.
- Segway drivers must hold a valid drivers licence. Apart from this Segway driving requires no special skills. The tour participants should be able to step onto the Segway (height 21 cm) without assistance, which roughly corresponds to the capacity of independently climbing a staircase without railings.
- This experience is not suitable for pregnant women.
- It is your responsibility to inform the staff of any disability or prior injuries before taking part.
- You will be required to read and sign a statement of risk before participating on the day. Any false information could affect your safety and invalidate your insurance.
- Secure footwear should be worn (trainers, light walking boots, etc. but not flip-flops please).
- All riders are required to wear helmets which will be provided.
- Segway-driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs is not permitted.
- For your own safety and enjoyment listen very carefully to your Segway Instructor and follow their instructions at all times.
- The Segway Tour Guide reserves the right to STOP any tour if their instructions are not followed.
- Riders must have a valid driver’s license, be at least 16 years old and weigh 45kg (7 stones / 100lbs.).
- A maximum weight limit of 110kg (17½ stones / 245 lbs.) applies.
- Riders must be comfortable standing for the duration of the tour.
- The rider should be able to shift their weight & be comfortable leaning slightly from side to side and be capable of stepping on and off the Segway PT when required without assistance.
- Proof of 3rd party experience from other Segway tours should be brought with you on the day.
- If you book though another Segway tour operator and do not present your voucher upon arrival you will be required to pay the full price to be able to participate.
- Tour voucher expiry dates are fixed. The expiry date is the date by which the tour must be taken, it is not a booking date. Bookings made using vouchers past their expiry date will be at Citywheels’ management discretion and subject to a CHF 20 per person surcharge.
Should you need to cancel a confirmed tour booking the following policy applies:
- More than 3 days’ notice – Option to reschedule tour date or request refund of total paid.
- Less than 3 days but more than 24 hours’ notice – Option to reschedule tour date. You will be charged with 20% of the tour price.
- Less than 24 hours’ notice – No option to reschedule or refund unless tour places are resold. Reducing booking size without the above notice – Liable for full payment of original booking.
- A refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Citywheels. Bookings made using 3rd party vouchers will be rescheduled subject to the above restriction.
Should we need to cancel due to poor weather or other unforeseen circumstances the following applies:
- A refund will only be issued if we are unable to reschedule the date.
- A refund will only be issued if the tour was booked and paid for directly with Citywheels. Bookings made using 3rd party vouchers will be rescheduled.
- Our policy is to refund the cost of the tour only. We cannot be held responsible for any travel arrangements or costs that may be incurred on your part.
Please find under these links the full Citywheels terms and conditions for all services: